Filed Under: Billing
SAP Resource-Related billing has a limitation of 999,999 DLI's that can be created during one billing process. There is a pilot note 1100666 released by SAP to resolve this issue. If you are interested implementing this pilot OSS note then please create a CSS message to SAP asking to be added to this note.
1100666 - Enhancing DIP, so that the hierarchy supports more than 999,999 IDs
Reason and Prerequisites
The program design only provides for a maximum of six characters in the internal hierarchy of the dynamic item processor (DIP). Therefore, the maximum permissible number is 999,999.
The following modifications add one character to the internal hierarchy.
1. Create the domain ZAD01_ID as a copy of SEU_ID and set the number of characters to 7.
2. Create the data element ZAD01_ID as a copy of SEU_ID and replace the domain with ZAD01_ID.
3. Create the following structures as a copy of the original structure in transaction SE11:
New Structure Original Structure
ZAD01_VPKO_IFS_GENITEM VPKO_IFS_GENITEM (not required as of 605)
ZAD01_VPK_DI_GUIDATA VPK_DI_GUIDATA (not required as of 605)
4. In the new structures
replace the component type of the component ID with ZAD01_ID.
5. In the structure ZAD01_RSTHIE, also replace the component type of the components
6. In the structures VPKO_IFS_GENITEM and VPK_DI_GUIDATA, replace the component type of the component ID with ZAD01_ID.
7. In the table type AD01RSTHIETTYP, replace the line type with ZAD01_RSTHIE.
8. Activate the domains, the data element, and the structures.
9. Changes to the BAdI DIP_AD010001:
Call transaction SE18, enter DIP_AD010001, and change the parameters I_RSTHIE and C_RSTTXT in the method EXIT_SAPLAD13_001 as follows: Replace the associated type RSTHIE with ZAD01_RSTHIE and the associated type RSTTXT with ZAD01_RSTTXT.
Check whether there is an implementation for this BAdI and adjust this, if necessary.
10. Changes to the BAdI DIP_AD010001_INT:
Make the same changes for the BAdI DIP_AD010001_INT.
If there is an internal SAP BAdI implementation, open a customer message under the component PS-REV-ACT and reference this note.
11. Check whether the exit EXIT_SAPLAD13_001 is deactivated and adjust it, if necessary.
12. Implement the program corrections in your system.
Note: This change can increase the number of hierarchy nodes processed in the dynamic item processor. However, the limitation continues to exist outside the processor. Therefore, make sure that the debit memo requests do not contain a large number of SD items (there should be less than 1,000 items). As the number of dynamic items increases, so too does the runtime and the memory requirement. If you create credit memo requests with resource-related billing currently or in the future, then, in the function module VPKSD_GET_SD_ITEM_HIERARCHY, the line
L_SD_ID_NEG = '500000'.
must be replaced by
L_SD_ID_NEG = '5000000'.
to prevent the lines for debit memo requests and the lines for credit memo requests from overwriting each other.
Released On 29.04.2014 15:07:36
Release Status Pilot Release
Component PS-REV-ACT Actual Revenues and Forecast
Priority Recommendations / Additional Info
Category Workaround of missing functionality